Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Quick update on life

No specific topic to write about this week. I've kinda been doing the same thing for the last few weeks, just working at Subway most every day. I did get things going for EFY, at least on my end. I'm still not sure where I'll be each week, but I do know that I'll have at least six to nine weeks of work. At least one week will be in Provo, one close to Provo, one traveling, and one stay-at-home session. I'm hoping I'll know more in the coming weeks, since my training week is fast approaching at the end of May.
Yesterday I had a Lord of the Rings marathon as well with a good friend of mine. We started at about noon and got done a little before 10:00. And no, they weren't the extended editions. Those movies are long enough already! They're good, but I really don't know what else should have been put in there to make them any better. (Except maybe this.)
This look is kinda how I felt by the end of the third one. But it was totally worth it.
Speaking of movies, my second blog, Bargain Bin Reviews, should be up and running by the end of this week. The first post on it will just be an introductory post explaining what will be happening on it, and the week after that I'll actually be reviewing movies. For those who actually read this blog on a regular basis, I hope you'll also read this new one and share it with your friends! I'll still be posting on here regularly, but the Bargain Bins blog will definitely be a regular post every week. Unless I'm sick or otherwise occupied.

New DVDs: At Savers, where I also managed to find a working N64 and copy of Pokémon Stadium for pretty cheap, I found Doom, which I felt like I needed to get because it's 1) based on a video game and that usually results in some awfully (emphasis on awful) funny end products, and 2) a movie where it still lists Dwayne Johnson as "The Rock" in the credits. Can't really pass that up. Also, Community. I was a little skeptical about it when I first saw it, because it has pictures of actors from the TV show, and as far as I know there hasn't been a movie of it. However, the disc inside lists the first three episodes of it, so I can only assume that it was a promotional DVD distributed when the show was first coming out.
Deseret Industries, the other thrift shop around here, got me Hitch, Ghost Rider, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, and The Benchwarmers.
Amazon, which I only really get stuff on every once in a while with tip money (Coinstar machines are great!): V for Vendetta, The Prestige, Mars Attacks!, ¡Three Amigos!, Pulp Fiction, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, and Tommy Boy.

This will bring my total up to 300 movies.
Wow.
Kind of an inside joke… This is a parody of the "Achievement unlocked" window that comes up in certain video games after you accomplish something noteworthy.
Now seems as good a time as ever, then, to get that new blog going.

No comments:

Post a Comment