Sunday, February 8, 2015

My Bucket List

While I have my list of resolutions to work on for this year, I have been thinking about long-term goals and achievements I'd like to have reached or done at some point in my life. I'd never really made a bucket list for myself, and figured I might as well get going on one while I'm still young and able to plan for my future. I also asked around on Facebook and found a couple lists of others online. Here are some of my favorites from others:

  • Ride an elephant
  • Go to the World Cup
  • Marry and have children
  • Own a house
  • Hike to and climb Mt. Everest
  • Ride a bull
  • Eat the 3rd hottest pepper in the world
  • Become an Eagle Scout
  • Go on an LDS mission
  • Visit the places where The Sound of Music was filmed
  • Travel to various countries around the world
  • Go on an African safari
  • Build a telescope
  • Go to a major tennis tournament (US Open, Wimbledon, etc)
  • Write a book
  • Get a dirt bike
  • Read certain books like the Bible from cover to cover
  • Learn various languages
  • Milk a poisonous snake
  • See the biggest rubber duck in the world
  • Design a personal website
  • "Get someone to name their son after me"
  • See a Broadway show
  • Learn to play an instrument
  • "Get a picture playing chess on a roller coaster, and look very thoughtful about my next move"
  • Drive to a random state for no reason
  • Graduate from college
  • Start a charity
These aren't all the ones I found, but then if I tried to post all that I found then I'd begin to have some overlap and then the list would just go on and on... Anyway, seeing all of these ideas definitely got me excited to make my own list, and helped me realize that a lot of the things I can put on there don't necessarily have to be grandiose achievements as seen by the rest of the world; many of the things I put on my list can simply be for personal satisfaction or entertainment. And if you're reading this post and have yet to make a list of your own, then I suggest you take that into consideration. Don't limit yourself to things that are viewed by the world as successful. Put on that list what you really want to do.


So, without further ado, and notwithstanding things I've already accomplished in my life:

THINGS TO DO BEFORE I KICK THE PROVERBIAL BUCKET

  • Graduate from college
  • Get married in the temple and have kids
  • Return to Brazil, visiting places from my mission and other locations
  • Visit all the LDS temples in the United States, and if time/resources permit, the world
  • Go to Australia and New Zealand (and while in New Zealand, visit the sites from Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit)
  • Go to Disneyland, Disney World, and Harry Potter World
  • Get fitted for a custom suit
  • Design and build my own house
  • Get down to 180 pounds
  • Go to Texas and attend RTX, the Rooster Teeth convention, and meet everyone (being the staff) there
  • Work on a full-length feature film (enough work to merit having my name in the credits)
  • Share a New Year's kiss with the one I love
  • Go snow camping for a week
  • Visit all 50 states
  • Take a road trip with friends
  • Take a road trip by myself
  • Become skilled with a bow and arrow
  • Go on a cruise
  • Attend a Hollywood premiere
  • Go to San Diego ComicCon
  • Marathon the following: Star Wars, Harry Potter, The Hobbit + The Lord of the Rings, Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Legend of Korra
  • Meet the following YouTube personalities/people behind the channels: Wallid Kanaan ("Balrog"), Belated Media, Brutalmoose, Rocket Jump, Caddicarus, Continue?, DidYouKnowGaming?, Egoraptor, Epic Rap Battles, EsquirebobAnimations, Game Grumps, Glove and Boots, How It Should Have Ended, Hot Pepper Gaming, Julian Smith, Jimmy Whetzel ("NintendoFanFTW"), Joe Penna (MysteryGuitarMan"), JonTron, PeanutButterGamer, ProJared, RubberNinja, Screen Junkies, Smooth McGroove, Sunder, That One Video Gamer, TeamFourStar, The Game Theorists, The Slow Mo Guys, yungtown
  • Go to a SuperBowl
  • Go to King's Cross Station and take a picture at Platform 9 3/4

I may add to this list later in life, but this is what I've got for now. And I think it's a pretty sizable list, one with some goals that would be easier to accomplish than others, some goals being true challenges. And I'm happy with that. I'll have things to work for in my life, even though it's not all planned out just yet.

Obligatory pic of the week:

No comments:

Post a Comment