Sunday, May 17, 2015

May journal update

*If you're wondering why there was no post last week, it was Mother's Day, so I was spending the entire day with family. That, and I put up two posts the week before, so as far as a count for the year I'm still on track with one a week.*

Man I'm tired... But for good reason.
I got to play some laser tag with these awesome guys last night, mostly in celebration of a wedding for the two on the far right, Nicole Scheidt and Chance Molen. They're getting married in a few weeks down in San Diego, and I've been asked to be a groomsman for it. Pretty much everyone here knows them from the ward we were all in together (not quite at the same time, but mostly all together) and I'm super excited for them to finally tie the knot. And getting to take a trip to California will be pretty enjoyable as well, so hopefully while I'm down there I'll be able to do a bunch of fun stuff. A vacation feels pretty warranted at this point...

I'm still working at Deseret Book and PetSmart, and both are getting me at least 20 hours every week. So it's like working full-time, though I usually get a few more from Deseret Book. I switched from doing just receiving to housekeeping and maintenance, with receiving after I get regular chores done. This week required me to fix a toilet in the men's bathroom, as the lever inside the tank ended up breaking. I gotta say, I kinda felt like Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor from Home Improvement. It wasn't a huge repair by any means, but it just felt... I dunno, manly. *insert manly grunt here*

I'm writing this as my parents are talking with my niece over FaceTime. It's just hilarious because she's trying to get them to see the end part of National Treasure (or "Natural Treasure" as she's been calling it) even though they've seen it multiple times. She, and my sister's family, will get to come visit us in about a month, and seeing as how they're living in Hawaii it'll be a real treat to see them again.
I have some pretty stinkin' adorable nieces and nephews.
I may end up finding something besides PetSmart in the next month or two. I like it, but between that and Deseret Book I much prefer DB. I could see myself staying there and possibly making a career out of that much more than PetSmart, but as both are just part-time jobs at the moment we'll see what happens.

That's about it for now. Again, I'll be heading down to SoCal early next month and will probably be taking a TON of pictures, so I'll make sure to post them once I'm home. There may not be a post that week as I'll be driving home on that Sunday, but if that's the case I'll make up for it afterwards.




No comments:

Post a Comment