Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The internet is interesting

So my last post was pretty topical in comparison to what I usually write about, and it drew a lot more attention than usual. To understand how drastic it was, the number of views per post I had before this last one averaged at 33 views. At the time of writing this post, the last one had 249 views, more than four times as much as the post with the most views prior. It definitely caught people's attention, and considering the subject matter I'm not too surprised. As I stated in the post and in the comments on Facebook when I shared the link there, I do not apologize for talking about my beliefs, but I will most likely not post about such topics often. I'm not mad, not offended, not really hurt by any of what was said. Getting to see the opinions of others, so long as they're calmly and clearly written, is always interesting to me. I'm not going to make this blog or that post private; that's not my intent at all. But again, I will rarely write about issues so topical, so for anyone who wishes to comment on that issue, that post is there.

What struck me as most odd about the influx of views is that I wrote about something topical, and I'm fairly certain that most of the people who read it aren't people I associate with nearly as much as I used to, mostly due to the fact that I'm across the country from most of them. (At least for the majority of people who ended up commenting on the link on Facebook.) Most of them I'm not "friends" with on Facebook anymore, so I wonder how they came across the post in the first place. If I hadn't written what I did, would they have seen the post anyway? Would they care that I have a blog and post semi regularly? Do they remember who I am, how we met, what made us friends in the first place, what we did together, and how things ended when we parted ways, for whatever reason we parted ways? Or are they just there for the heated discussion? Just some questions that make me think a bit, but aren't ones that I need an answer for.

Again, not mad, not upset. I wrote my post, explained myself, gave my peace. If people want to go back and reread the post, including the links I provided within it, they're more than welcome to. In the meantime, here are some GIFs from a collection I've been building up. They make me smile.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment