Monday, July 15, 2013

There are some times...

...that I just want to hit things, try to smash something up. Anyone know where a good punching bag is that I could get for cheap?

Really, though, I feel like I need a good way to vent my frustration. Working out isn't always an option (surprise! I am not a health nut), screaming into my pillow doesn't help (done it before, it just wears my throat out), going for a night drive... bad history with that. Trying to read, watch a movie, or even play a video game for a while doesn't really help because it's hard for me to get focused on whatever the subject matter is.

I used to wrestle, one year in middle school and one in high school. I wasn't good by any means, but I enjoyed it a ton. I got to work myself to the bone at times trying to keep up with everyone else, and when it came time for me to actually go to the mat it felt good to just try to throw the other guy around the floor. Take whatever frustration I was feeling at the time (and, you know, a growing teenager has his own reasons to be frustrated) and let it out in a good old fashioned fight to pin my opponent to the ground. Again, I was not very good, and I don't remember actually winning a single match outside of practices, but I can't say I ever had any bad experiences or memories from it.

Would it help to list what my frustrations are? Possibly. A bit comes from the fact that I remain single after many recent tried-and-failed attempts at dating (even though I know being single at 23 is "perfectly okay," I've got a lot of things to take care of before settling down, etc., etc.). Part of it comes from not being in the program I'd like to be in school, though most of the reason for that is just from my own past laziness. Another frustrater* is just that I want to start making videos out of the ideas I have be successful like so many people I see online – again, not much stopping me besides the limitations that I've put on myself.

If not hitting stuff in order to vent, I'd love to just be able to fly away. Whenever I'm asked what superpower I'd want to have, I always answer that I want to be able to fly like Superman: wherever I want, how fast I want, whenever I want. No need to get in a car or plane to get away for a while, I just... would. Whoosh.
No, I haven't seen Man of Steel yet, but it's definitely on my to-see list.


*spell check says that it's spelled like that, even though I personally think it should be frustrator. I like to think of myself as one who knows English fairly well... but dang, that just looks wrong to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment