Sunday, June 16, 2013

My dad

Shorter post today, mostly because it's already kinda late, but I wanted to post this while it was still actually Father's Day. My dad is amazing, to say the least, and I get a lot of my humor from him. (It's still up for debate if that point about our sense of humor is a good thing or a bad thing...) He's taught me many things over my 23 years, continues to teach me today, and I'm lucky to be relatively close to him and my mom geographically considering the fact that I live in a college town where people come from (literally) all over the world, often times leaving their families behind and getting to see them once or twice a year at most. I think I see my parents a few times a month, at least. Seriously, I love my dad, and I know he's one of the biggest influences I have in my life. Certainly he's been an example of the kind of father I want to be whenever I get to that point.
Today, after a dinner with the fam at their house
I can't remember a single major decision in my life that I've made without first talking to him at least a little about it, and even then I'm sure it was more than just a little. There's just something about going to Dad for help or counsel that always seems to make things better or more manageable. Or both. I'm lucky to have him, and glad that I do. I'm sure I'm still gonna need his advice as long as I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment